The second part of our blog today comes from Doulas of Fredericksburg's co-owner, Cathy Davis. Cathy is one of those people who, only minutes after talking with her, will let you know you are safe and in great hands. She also happens to think life can more effectively be run off an Excel Spreadsheet, which is another reason I love her so! Please take a minute to get to know Cathy!
1. I am a Top Seller on eBay!
2. I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Metallurgical Engineering from Michigan Technological University. I met my husband while in college, and we married after we graduated. And, yes, he is an engineer also. An Electrical Engineer.
3. Yes, I have nine children.
4. And, yes, I have figured out where they come from, no, I am not Mormon or Catholic, yes I do realize how expensive they are, no I really am not that organized, yes I have more patience than I think, yes I am slightly crazy, and yes I have enjoyed (most) every minute of being a mom for the past 30 years. (Those are just some of the things people say when you have lots of kids......)
4. To keep my sanity with nine kids, my husband and I made a habit of talking about all of the funny things they did that day before we went to sleep.
5. I have a slight Diet Coke addiction. Okay, maybe it isn't slight.
6. I was born and raised in Illinois, went to college in Michigan and moved to Virginia after college.
7. My dream job (other than being a doula, of course) would be a photographer for Sports Illustrated or National Geographic.
8. I am a political junkie but refuse to talk about it on social media.
9. I have been scrapbooking for 20 years, but it really became wonderful to me with digital scrapbooking about 8 years ago.
10. I always do the driving in my family. (Can you say control issues? No!)
11. I love to get together with friends for coffee. Especially at independent coffee shops.
12. Of my nine children, the odd-numbered ones I went into labor with on my own, and the even-numbered ones were induced.
13. I have seen Rascal Flatts in concert 10 times.
14. I love blue jeans. I would wear them all them time. I kind of do.
15. I used to sew a lot. I don't make the time for it now, but just looking at and touching nice fabric makes me smile.
16. I love the ocean and the beach, but really dislike summer heat.
17. With all of my pregnancies, I didn't find out in advance if I was having a boy or a girl. I really loved that moment of birth where they announced if it was a boy or girl!
18. I like to organize things, but I don't like to clean. I would rather move furniture than clean a room.
19. I love my prescription sunglasses! They make my eyes sigh.
20. When all else fails, bake cookies. Or brownies.
21. I came to love the whole birth process when my first was born. It is wonderful to be able to turn that excitement and passion for birth into an opportunity to help other women have a better birth experience. At each and every birth, I feel so privileged to be part of it!
Please comment below if you've had Cathy as your doula, or if you've learned something new about her! We're looking forward to hearing from her fans!!