We are currently in search of Birth Doulas, Postpartum and Infant Care Doulas, Postpartum Placenta Specialists and Childbirth Educators serving in and around Richmond, Charlottesville and beyond.
- Be professional and self-motivated individuals who can support our company’s vision of creating more comfortable and confident families in Virginia.
- Live our mission of providing non-judgmental support to *all* new and expecting families. Advocates and people only interested in promoting one particular type of parenting/birth choice/family type need not apply.
- Be certified or be willing to obtain a certification through a certification program that has in-person trainings. This winter will bring trainings in Central Virginia.
- Be willing to facilitate communication as an effective part of our client’s support team. This includes working closely with clients, other professionals on our team and members of the local medical care community.
- Be willing to share in an on-call schedule. Being available to clients (sometimes at the last minute) is a necessary part of this career, and you must be willing and available to participate in our clients’ support as requested.
- Own or be willing to open an LLC and carry liability insurance. We are happy to provide guidance and support through this very simple process in Virginia.
TVBC Independent Contractors Love:
- Our expertise and experience, and being part of a team of established professionals happy to help guide and support you as you support families.
- That the Virginia Baby Company takes care of the back-office work. We have established and tested systems in place to deal with networking, branding, marketing, client acquisition, legal, client communication and more. We do the business management and expansion so you can show up and Be A Doula in Virginia.
- Being part of a dynamic team of like-minded individuals supporting one another and improving birth and parenting in Virginia, all while earning a living wage.
Please send a letter of intent and two references (one personal, one professional) to JoinOurTeam@virginiababyco.com with the subject “Join Your Team- [Full Name]”
Please answer the following questions in the letter of intent:
- How can you best support growing families in Virginia?
- Why are you a great fit for The Virginia Baby Company?
- What does “non-judgmental support” mean to you?
- What positions are you interested in and what areas would you like to serve?